Here are some books that I have come across and found them to be quite useful. Putting them down here for future easy references.
- Enabled me to better understand how to code better, specifically in Java.
- One of the best books i have ever read! I chanced upon this book when I was trying to search for alternatives to the famed design pattern book, Gangs of Four (GoF) Design Patterns which I found to be hard and boring to follow. Head First Design Patterns provides clear and entertaining visuals to explain design patterns. The examples presented are helpful in understanding the concepts and it is an enjoyable book indeed!
- Another good book to understanding more about writing clean code. I wrote a separate Medium Article to summarise my key learnings.
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftmanship By Robert C Martin
Writing clean code is what you must do in order to call yourself a professional. There is no reasonable excuse for…
- A brain-friendly book from the Head-First Series. Good for beginners to Java
- A beginners-friendly book to Spring, or more specifically Spring Boot.
Of course, reading and actually writing real code are two different things. The key is for me to get my hands dirty and practice what I have learned :)
This article will be updated when I chance upon any more interesting books!